Starting a Commons Cargobike sharing project handbook
You're just starting a Commons Cargbike sharing project? Do you have any questions about the ongoing operation? You want to know how others do it? Then you've come to the right place. On the following pages, many existing initiatives have gathered and edited their experiences to help you in all phases of the project.
Of course, there is not "the one way" to implement a Commons Cargobike, and our community thrives due to the different approaches and implementations. Therefore, this manual can never be complete, on the contrary: it just waits for your ideas, additions and corrections.
Many thanks to the ADFC Bundesverband, who supported us with the initial compilation of the Handbook 2017, Cargonomia from Budapest for the translation and to all those who have worked with us!
All the best, The authors & the Commons Cargobikes community
Definition of terms of a Commons Cargobike
Preparation of the Commons Cargobike
- What is necessary to start a Commons Cargobike?
- Which goals and target groups are to be achieved with the project?
Organisation / Team
- Which organisational form is the right one?
- How can responsibilities be defined in the project?
- Who can be cooperation partners??
Cargobike and technology
- How do we choose the right cargobike?
- Which equipment is useful?
- Excursus: Maintenance of the cargobike
- What do suitable stations look like?
- Fixed or changing stations?
- How are stations coordinated?
- Excursus: Parking spaces for cargobikes
- Handover: Personal or automated?
- Rental period: per day or per hour?
- Lending from the perspective of the lender
- Lending from the perspective of the stations
- Project website: Why and how?
- Commons Booking: What advantages does the booking software offer?
- Data protection: What must be observed?
- What should the name and design of the project and cargobike be?
- How do you address the people who are supposed to use a free cargobike?
- What information does the press need?
Legal basis and insurance
My project is running and what will happen now?
- What is the regular expenditure for the operation of a commons cargobike?
- How does the project remain current and interesting?
- How can and should it grow?
Die Erstellung und Redaktion dieser Inhalte wurden unterstützt durch: