We are 70+ grass-roots initiatives providing more than 130 bikes to the community for free. Join us and let us improve mobility in the city — together!
- Article: Florian Egermann, wielebenwir e.V., 2015: " Free nomadic cargo bikes are changing the urban landscape
- Video: Sophia Becker & Florian Egermann, "Die Verkehrswende selber machen.", re:publica 2018
What is a „commons cargobike“?
- is provided to society based on voluntary donations.
- is a „common good“: to be shared with the community instead of individually owned.
- is advocating for a change in urban transportation, and stands for sustainable mobility.
- promotes neighborhood cooperation: Cafés, private citizens and social facilities are involved and act as pickup locations.
- enables people to try cargo bikes and is a driving force for the adoption of cargo bikes in the city.
More information: Was ist ein freies Lastenrad?/en
What´s the "Forum Freie Lastenräder" (Union of commons cargobike initiatives)
Forum Freie Lastenräder („Union of Commons Cargobike initiatives“) is the alliance of more than 70 local cargo bikesharing initiatives in Germany, Austria and Hungary. With more than 130 bikes and more than 10,000 registered users, the „FFL“ is an important part of the bottom-up-mobility transition. We provide a yearly conference, an online knowledge base as well as a custom-built, open-source booking software.
- Start your own initiative! See the Manual
- Join a initiative in your city.
- Meet us at these Events
- Help us with the Translations
- Join the development of our booking software Commons Booking
- Help us with the Administration and Maintenance of this website.
Discuss and stay in the loop
- Use our bulletin board (currently: german only)
- Join our mailing list (currently: german only).
- Contact the creators and admins of this website.
Our open-source Wordpress booking plugin "Commons Booking" is available at the Wordpress Plugin directory. We are currently working on a major new version (Commons Booking 2.0 development), as well as an API to connect CB installations.